Cloud Data Analytics EngineerApply Now
As an employee, you Turn Change Into Value® – for our clients, for our company, for your professional growth, for the consumers. We hire the best and brightest, who are driven to create lasting value. At xScion, you aren’t just another team member, you’re impactful. You’re empowered. You’re driven. You’re an xScioneer.
As a Cloud Data Analytics Engineer, You Will:
- Design, develop and operationalize large scale enterprise data solutions using AWS data and analytics services - S3, Glue, Athena, Lambda, RedShift, EMR, Spark, DynamoDB
- Analyze, re-design and re-platform on-premise data solutions from Cloudera Hadoop platforms to AWS native data stack
- Design, develop and deploy data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a big data architecture using Java, Python, Scala
- Participate in discussions related to architecture, design as well as product development to clearly understand business requirements and to translate into technical solutions
- Work on one or more projects as a technical team member taking responsibility for complete user stories through analysis, design, development, testing as per project timelines
- Develop and maintain scripts to automate batch jobs
- Support and maintain existing applications working on troubleshooting and resolving technical issues
- Follow appropriate technical best practices and internal processes complying with various information security controls
- Maintain existing data solutions running on Hadoop stack using HDFS, Oozie, Impala, Hive handling some enhancements till the Cloud migration.
To Be Successful, You Need:
- 7+ years of expertise focused on data engineering, analytics and/or big data administration experience
- Hands on experience in Java, Python or Scala with ability to understand/write complex SQL queries
- Proficiency in S3, Glue, Athena, Lambda, RedShift, EC2, EMR, Spark, DynamoDB with either Java, Python, Scala or PySpark
- Experience deploying software solutions to the cloud platform through CI/CD in a DevOps model
- General understanding of the application and data security concepts with exposure to AWS IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, AWS Config, Secrets Manager, KMS
- Hands on experience on Hadoop related technologies such as HDFS, Oozie, Impala, Hive
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant field
- To be comfortable performing your job duties from a remote work location while supporting a banking/financial institution that is based on the west coast. Should you reside in the eastern half of the US, flexibility in your work schedule is required considering the differing time zones
- Important Note: Due to mandatory contract requirements for this position, upon offer acceptance all applicants must provide proof of US Citizenship or Permanent Residency as part of the onboarding process.
Highly desired skills include experience with:
- Ansible/Terraform/Cloud Formation scripts to develop or support Infrastructure as Code
- RDBMS and data warehouses
- Machine Learning technologies and data visualization tools
- Hadoop based Big Data architecture and solutions
- Experience working in a Agile development environment using Agile tools like Jira, Rally, etc.
- Experience with UNIX commands and shell scripts
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and work in a team environment to deliver high quality work independently.
- We have an amazing culture – We were named a Best Places to Work in Virginia for 6 times (2022, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 & 2016).
- We are poised for rapid growth – We are on the cutting edge of digital transformation in Financial Services, Healthcare, Nonprofit and Public Sector and continuously welcome new clients to the xScion family.
- We believe in your continuous development – We invest in our teams’ development, including our Innovation Lab and paying for certifications and trainings to improve their skills because we are committed to collectively being the best at what we do.
- We want you to make an impact in whatever you do – Our people have the opportunity to be the big fish in a smaller pond.
- You’ll work with the best – We hire great people. Period.
- And because we truly care about you and our clients - We are run by real people for real people, creating flexibility, balance, respect and fun in the workplace.
- Great Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401(k) match, flexible spending and more, but we also have unique perks such as 26 days off a year (including your birthday!), company events, games, and many other things that inspire balance and flexibility.
We’re Transforming Businesses:
At xScion, we Turn Change Into Value®. We help clients start or accelerate their digital transformation initiatives by shifting their mindset and goals into smaller, actionable steps that create lasting value. We specialize in Agile, Product Management, Business Process Management, Cloud and Risk Management solutions for clients in Financial Services, Public Sector, Nonprofits and Healthcare. As a Woman-owned company, we are proud to be the most trusted solutions partner that business and technology leaders count on to deliver lasting, impactful value.
Want to Learn More about xScion?
At xScion, we celebrate diversity in all forms. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities